Six months ago I shared my 30 Before 30 list of things to accomplish before my thirtieth birthday. As today is my half-birthday, I thought I would share where I am so far with my list today.
- Take an international trip – IN PROGRESS
- I have at least one international trips in the works! 🙂
- Visit at least one new state – DONE
- The weekend after my birthday, my mom and I took a trip to Denver, Colorado.
- Read 30 books in a year (Taking recommendations!) – IN PROGRESS
- To date, I’ve read 20 books. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
- Try a new sport – IN PROGRESS
- I decided to take up hiking as my “sport”. I joined a women’s hiking group for the state of Georgia to help get out more. Unfortunately, schedule and weather has prevented me from making most, but I definitely have more penciled in as spring approaches.
- Take a girls’ trip – ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?
- Move to a new place – DONE
- I purchased my first home in October 2017.
- Change jobs – IN PROGRESS
- I decided to change directions with my career, and I’m in the progress of building my own business.
- Grow my blog (Thanks for following along!) – IN PROGRESS
- Get to know my family history
- Challenge my culinary skills – DONE
- I took a six-week cooking class with Publix’s Apron Cooking School.
- Do something that scares me – IN PROGRESS
- Work out more and on a consistent basis – IN PROGRESS
- Thanks to Spotebi I have been able to work out on my schedule and even when I’m on the road!
- Take a challenging hike
- Relearn to play the piano – IN PROGRESS
- For Christmas, my parents gifted me a new keyboard. I’m teaching myself how to play again.
- Get back to graduate school size and weight – IN PROGRESS
- Learn a new skill – IN PROGRESS
- I started to learn crochet a couple of years ago, but never really got far with it. I decided to pick it up as a fun activity while I’m unwinding at night and watching TV. I’m no expert, but hoping to share a completed piece soon.
- Visit a new SEC stadium – DONE
- I had the opportunity to actually knock out two SEC stadiums (Vanderbilt and Texas A&M) this fall.
- Be more spontaneous – IN PROGRESS
- I kicked off Year 29 with spontaneity by traveling with Pack Up + Go to Denver.
- I also decided my theme for 2018 is to “say yes to adventures” so I’ve got some excitement planned as the warmer months approach.
- Climb another state peak
- Learn a new language
- Improve my wine knowledge
- Get a pet
- Participate in a race
- Attend another short-term mission trip
- Travel somewhere alone – DONE
- A three-day weekend in Charleston was just what I needed to reset for the 2018 calendar year.
- Put more money away into savings – IN PROGRESS
- Take on a monthly photography challenge
- Expand my food palate
- Spend a full day at the spa – DONE
- Due to budget constraints, I opted for an at-home full indulgence spa day.
- Learn how to show myself grace – IN PROGRESS
- I’m a work in progress.